In AppFollow, you can add both your own apps and the apps of your competitors. In this article, you’ll learn how to add competitor apps to your Workspace and track their data. You can easily aggregate all publicly sourced data of your competitors' apps in one place and use it to:
- Evaluate your competitors’ ASO strategies
- Compare your competitors’ performance to your own
- Keep track of the changes your competitors implement
Competitor Apps are tracked apart from your own. Your subscription plan includes separate limits for both. Visit our Pricing page to learn about plans or reach out to your account manager.
Add a Competitor App
You can add apps either as "Competitors" or your own, but not both. If you add a competitor app, you won't be able to reply to its reviews, add integrations, or track download & revenue data. To do that, add apps as your own instead.
- Select the Workspace where you want to add the new Competitor App on the upper left.
- Hover over the blue ➕ icon and hit "Add new".
- Select the app store or choose "All stores" to search across all app stores.
- Type in the name of the competitor app in the search box.
- Select the country where the app is available and click "Search".
- Browse through the results and click "+ Add as competitor" under the app you want to start tracking.
Monitor Competitor Apps
To see the list of all competitor apps you’re tracking, go to My apps and hit Competitors.
Click on the app's name to open App Overview, general app information, and key insights into its ASO & Search Visibility Performance:
You can analyze Competitor Apps in Channel Analytics, Keywords & ASO, and the following pages in AppFollow:
- Organic Dashboard (public data only)
- Keyword Intelligence (public data only)
- App Update Timeline
- Featured Timeline
- Keyword Tracking
- Keyword Spy
- Search Ads Recommendations (iOS only)
- Word Counter
- App Preview (iOS only)
Integrations are not available for Competitor Apps. If you need to set up any kind of integration (i.e. app store, email, Slack, etc), add the app as your own instead.
Switch between apps
You can switch between your apps and competitors when analyzing data on different pages in your AppFollow account (i.e. in Organic Dashboard). To do that:
- Click on the app drop-down menu above.
- Scroll down to “Competitors” – they are marked with “C”.
- Click on the app you want to choose.
I can't find the app in the search results
If you don't see the app while searching by its name, please try using its URL instead:
- Find the app you want to track in the app store and copy its URL from the address bar.
- In AppFollow, select the Workspace where you want to add this app and click "Add new" on the upper left.
- Paste the URL into the search bar and click "Search".
- Click "+ Add as Competitor" next to the app.