The Compare Discover section is your go-to resource for gaining competitive digital performance insights, exploring and analyzing the market, and uncovering market trends.
Use this tool to:
- Find out who the market leaders are
- Understand how you compare to others on the market and how strong your organic brand power is
- Learn where and how you can scale and improve your app’s performance in the Store
To get started, select the app you want to compare with other apps. You can compare up to 5 apps at a time.
You can select any app for comparison – both from your workspace and directly from the store.
All set – now let’s explore each section in more detail.
Store Performance Index
The Store Performance Index serves as a quick app health check, where 100% is the best score. We calculate an app’s performance index based on its:
- Organic User Acquisition & Search Visibility (ASO) Performance.
- Ratings & Reviews Performance.
- Other minor factors, such as app featuring and updates.
The higher the score, the better an app is performing. Learn more about how we calculate this index in our article on the Store Performance Index.
Along with the Store Performance Index, this section shows you the app’s Brand Power. A high Brand Power score means that the app has a large share of branded traffic, which is an indicator of a strong brand.
On the right side of this section, you’ll see the Store Performance Index and Brand Power benchmark for the industry. Use this benchmark to understand how the selected apps compare to the industry standards.
The Market Leaders shows a visual representation of app ranking distribution by country.
In this section:
- Country colors are defined by the app’s color in the legend on the right side of the view.
- Rankings are grouped by store. If you’re tracking apps from different stores, click on the tabs at the top of the view to switch between the App Store and Google Play.
The legend on the right shows in which country an app is growing the quickest: you’ll see the current rank, as well as how much it improved compared to the beginning of the selected timeframe.
Hover your cursor over a country on the map to see which apps from the list are ranking there, what their position is, and how the position has changed.
Use the “Countries Won” column to quickly learn how many countries the selected app is ranking in higher than other apps.
Use this section to see the app’s Category Ranking history and understand how its performance has changed over time.
Use the Country filter to see data for different countries. By default, you’ll see data for the default country in your Workspace settings.
The Category Ranking section shows you the dynamics of an app’s rank over the time period selected in the filters of the Compare Discovery page. If you have multiple apps, each app will be represented by a unique color on the chart.
On the axes of the chart, you’ll find:
- Ranking positions on the left
- Dates on the bottom
- App Updates represented by triangle icons (color-coded according to the app’s color on the chart)
- App Featuring represented by square icons (color-coded according to the app’s color on the chart)
When you hover your cursor over a specific date in the Ranking Chart, you’ll see:
- The app’s rank on that specific date
- App update information (if available)
- App featuring information (if available)
To the right of the chart, we display a general ranking overview for the selected timeframe. Use this information to understand the app’s rank on the last date of the period and how this position changed when compared to the first date of the period.
Organic Discovery Performance
The Organic Discovery Performance section helps you evaluate an app’s Search Visibility alongside its total number of ranked keywords. The positioning of an app on the chart shows how well the app is performing:
- The closer an app is to the upper-right portion of the chart, the better its Search Visibility and the higher the number of ranked keywords.
- The closer an app is to the lower-left portion of the chart, the lower its Search Visibility and its number of ranked keywords.
💡 Apps in the top right section of the chart are Visibility Leaders.
Toggle the “Show dynamics” switch to the right of the chart to see how the app visibility changed over time. The beginning of the dotted trail line shows where the app was on this chart at the beginning of the selected timeframe, and the app icon shows where the app is now.
The Non-branded Organic Keyword Share section shows the traffic distribution between the most popular non-branded keywords for the selected apps. In this view, keywords are grouped by store. If you’re tracking both App Store and Google Play apps, you’ll see different tabs for each store at the top of the view.
💡The greater the share on the chart, the more downloads an app has.
Noticed a Branded Keyword in the list? Click on the “B” icon to report it.
👷Coming Soon: Apple Search Ads – view the traffic distribution between paid Apple Search Ads keywords.
The Discovery Metrics section provides a quick summary of the stats from the whole page. Use this table to see the key points about app ranking, performance, and visibility.
Click on “Manage Table” in the top-right corner to select the columns you want to see.
Red and green values in the table show how the rank, score, or index changed over the selected timeframe. When the number is red, it means the value has decreased since the start of the period. When the number is green, it means the value improved.
- Free Rank – a free app’s position in its category in the Free Chart.
- Paid Rank – a paid app’s position in its category in the Paid Chart.
- Grossing Rank – the app’s position in the Grossing chart, which is based on revenue. The higher the position, the more revenue an app generates.
- Keywords Ranked – the total number of ranked keywords.
- Store Performance Index
- Search Visibility Score
- Last Featured date — the date when the app was last featured.
The Compare Discovery report is available for export in PDF format. The button to generate the PDF is on top of the page: