Use the Filters panel to see a customized view based on your needs and fine-tune which Reviews you see on the page. To add a Filter, click + More Filters and choose one of the options from the list. To quickly find a specific filter, use the search bar at the top of the list.
|Filter||Description||Google Play||App Store|
|Date||Set to a custom timeframe, a specific date, or choose from a predefined selection of timeframes: Today, Yesterday, This Week/Month, Last Week/Month, etc.||✔️||✔️|
|Semantic Tag||Choose between specific tags, no tags, all selected tags, or any of the selected tags.||✔️||✔️|
|Semantic Sentiment||Select one, several, or all sentiments.||✔️||✔️|
|Tag||Choose between specific tags, no tags, all selected tags, or any of the selected tags. Learn more: Tags.||✔️||✔️|
|Tag Category||Select a category to filter for all Reviews with a tag from the selected Tag Category.||✔️||✔️|
Display only Featured Reviews.
💡Note: This filter cannot be combined with the "Time" filter. The list of featured reviews is updated regularly and can include reviews from any timeframe.
|Likes||Filter by Reviews with or without Likes.||✔️||✔️|
|Rating Change||See which Reviews’ ratings became better, became worse, or remained without changes.||✔️||✔️|
|Release Version||Filter by Reviews left for a particular version of the app.||With integration||✔️|
|Reply||With Reply, Without a Reply, Pending Approval, With Auto-reply, Outdated, Error. Learn more: Reply Status.||✔️||✔️|
|Report a Concern||See Reviews that you reported from AppFollow to the app store, filtered by the submission’s status: Submitted, Declined, Satisfied, Pending. Learn more: Report a Concern.||✔️||✔️|
|Review Language||Filter by single or multiple Review languages.||✔️||✔️|
|Review Rating||Select a specific rating, or select multiple ratings at once.||✔️||✔️|
|Search||Find reviews that contain your query in the Review text, author, note, or reply.||✔️||✔️|
Filter by Reviews that have been updated regardless of a reply (No Reply Effect), updated since a reply (Reply Effect), or which have not been updated. Learn more in our article on the Reply Effect.
NOTE! Reviews that were deleted from the store won't appear under the "Update" filter. Please apply the "Visibility" filter (see below) to see the deleted reviews.
|User Replies||Filter by specific users on your team who posted a reply.||✔️||✔️|
|Visibility||All Reviews, Deleted Reviews, or Beta Reviews. *Deleted reviews are visible only if the Deleted filter is selected.||✔️||✔️|
|Review Status||View Open, Closed, and Re-opened Reviews. Learn more: Review Statuses.||With integration||With integration|
|Device Country||Filter by one or more device countries.||With integration||✔️|
|Device Language||Filter by one or more device languages.||✔️||❌|
|Device||Filter by one or more device types.||With integration||❌|
|Device Type||Filter by phone, tablet, or unknown type.||With integration||❌|
|Manufacturer||Filter by one or more device manufacturers.||With integration||❌|
|OS||Select one or more types of OS.||With integration||❌|
|Version Code||Filter by one or more device version codes.||With integration||❌|
Google Play reviews may miss some information (e.g. device country, manufacturer, OS, release version, etc.). There are 2 possible reasons for this:
- Some metrics are not available for some reviews in Google Play, for example, the release version could be unavailable for some reviews. The absence of the release version in user reviews often occurs when a single user, who has left a review has multiple devices, in all of which the app was installed. Since the versions of the app installed on these devices differ, the store cannot determine which version the user is currently using. In this case, the details won't be available in Google Play Developer Console for review as well.
- Some metrics are optional in Google API and unavailable to collect. For example, "country" is an optional parameter for Google Play reviews and in most cases, there is no information for the "Device Country" filter. Learn more about Google Play review countries and languages from this article.
If you want to receive all reviews - do not select any of these filters, otherwise, you are saying that you want a review that, became better and worse and featured all at the same exact time.
Decide which Reviews you want to focus on by choosing which should appear at the top of the list. Click on the sorting menu dropdown on the right side of the screen to adjust the descending order based on a certain parameter:
- Newest first
- Oldest first
- Negative first
- Positive first
- Short first
- Long first
Use the "Search" filter to find reviews that contain your search query in the Review text, author, note, or reply.
Use the following search operators to find the Reviews you need:
- The "|" operator allows you to search for any of the words in your query. For example: " can't|freeze" will show you reviews that contain either "can't" or "freeze".
- The "&" operator searches for reviews which contain all of the words in your query. For example: " can't&freeze" will show you reviews that contain both "can't" and "freeze".
The search engine looks for words that contain your query. This means that for the search term "freeze", you will see reviews that contain the words freeze, freezes, unfreeze.
Use Review Actions to work with and learn more about a review from a single panel. Under each review, you will find several actions:
- More — click this gray button to open the list of actions.
- Reply via Console — reply to a review via the developer console. Learn more: Reply via Console
- Note — leave an internal note about the review for your team.
- Find user — get more information about a user through Google Search.
- Copy link — open the review in a separate tab and copy its link to share internally.
- Report review — report irrelevant or offensive reviews to the app store. Learn more: Report a Concern
- Translate — open a new page to see the translation of the selected review.
- Share review — allows you to share the review via Twitter, Facebook and Email.
Presets and Presets Managers
With Presets, you can save your favorite combination of filters for quick and instant access. Whether your goal is to track all featured reviews for the last month, marked with the Bug tag, or to cover all the updated reviews, Presets has got you covered:
After you’ve filtered and sorted your reviews to see the most relevant ones, you’re ready to start replying to them. Learn more in the next article: Publish and Edit Replies to Reviews.