By integrating with the Google Play Console, you can reply to user reviews via AppFollow and publish them in the app stores, monitor downloads and revenue of your apps with the AppFollow dashboard, and much more.
Types of Google Play Store Integrations
There are 5 types of Google Play integrations you can set up:
- Reply to Reviews Integration. Use this integration to respond to reviews on the Reply to Reviews page in AppFollow or through an integration with email, Slack, Zendesk, or any other help desk system.
- ASO Report Integration. Set it up to use the Organic Traffic Dashboard and Traffic Channel Analytics or to unlock the full functionality of the Keyword Intelligence page. Pull app downloads information from the Google Play Console and see it displayed on our charts.
- Sales Report Integration. Monitor your apps on the Downloads & Revenue chart or work with the Subscription Report.
- Report a Concern Integration. Report spam or inappropriate reviews directly from AppFollow, without the need to log in to your Google Developer console account.
- Reply via Console Integration. This integration is helpful when you want to track reviews using the AppFollow Dashboard and reply to them from your Developer Console instead of AppFollow.
Data Security at AppFollow
Our Google Play Console integrations keep your data absolutely safe. Using Google Play Console OAuth and API, AppFollow doesn't have access to any of your personal data. Learn more about data safety at AppFollow in our article about Data Security.
I Have a Problem Setting up the Integration
Did you come across any errors while installing an integration? Please check out our article on Troubleshooting Google Play Integrations to see the most common errors and tips on how to avoid them.