If your App Store Connect account is protected with 2FA (two-factor authentication), you can set up the integration through AppFollow’s secure App Store Connect subaccount.
The integration with App Store Connect allows you to reply to positive and negative reviews, improve your app visibility, and get more downloads.
New reviews are delivered to the Reviews page, Slack, email, and help desks 4 times per day. After you set up the integration, they are updated every hour.
After you set up the App Store Connect Reply to Reviews integration, AppFollow will be able to access the reviews feed and send replies via the API. This access is regulated by App Store Connect Roles. Learn more about the available roles further in this article: Roles and Permissions.
💡 If you have an Android app, set up a Google Play Console Integration to reply to Android reviews as well.
Set up the App Store Connect Integration
If your App Store Connect account has multifactor authorization via an authenticator app or an SMS code, please follow these steps to set up the integration.
- In AppFollow, open the “Integrations List” section in the left-hand navigation panel.
- Select the app you want to integrate from the dropdown list at the top of the view.
- On the App Store Connect card, click “+Add Integration”.
- Follow the instructions on the screen:
- Sign in to App Store Connect and navigate to the Users and Access section.
- Click the “+” button at the top of the user list. Users can be invited by Account Holder, Admin, or App Manager in App Store Connect.
- Enter the following details:
- First name: AppFollow
- Last name: Connect
- Email: Find the integration email address in the App Store Connect integration setup window in AppFollow. If you’re unsure, send a message to our Support Team.
- Check the boxes next to the following roles to set up an all-in-one integration (learn more about roles in the next section of this article):
- Customer Support
- Click “Invite”.
- In AppFollow, check the box next to “I’ve invited AppFollow to my App Store Connect account”.
- Click “Add integration”.
The integration will be added to your account within 3 working days. If there are any issues with the integration (for example, AppFollow was provided with insufficient roles), we will reach out to the email address associated with your AppFollow account to gather the required information.
Please note that your replies appear in the App Store after moderation, which takes up to 12 hours.
Roles and Permissions
If you want to set up a specific integration instead of the all-in-one integration, you can choose a different set of roles.
|Integration||App Store Connect Roles|
|Full access integration||Admin or Customer Support + Marketing + Finance (Sales and Access to Reports roles will be included automatically)|
|Reply to Reviews (reply to reviews and edit responses)||Admin or Customer Support|
|ASO Report (access to analytics)||Admin or Marketing + Sales + Access to Reports|
|Sales Report (access to sales data)||Admin or Marketing + Finance (Sales and Access to Reports roles will be included automatically)|
For the integration to work, you should provide the exact sets of roles that are specified in the table above. If a role is missing, we will be unable to set up the integration.