Set up integration with Helpshift to receive Android, iOS, macOS, Microsoft, Amazon, and even Xbox app reviews to your Helpshift channel. Reply to customer reviews and feedback using AppFollow and Helpshift.
Set up the integration with Helpshift
- Go to the "Integrations" page in AppFollow and click "Add new integration".
- Choose Helpshift and click “Add integration”.
- Find your Helpshift email address. Go to your Helpshift account > Settings > Email Support >
Email Support Channels.
- Copy the email below and go back to AppFollow.
- Paste the address into the “Helpshift email” field.
- Choose what reviews you want to receive. Available options:
- Only featured– receive only featured reviews.
- Became better– only receive reviews that were updated to a higher rating (e.g. from 3 to 5 stars).
- Became worse– only receive reviews that were updated to a lower rating (e.g. from 5 to 3 stars).
- Only beta feedback– receive only beta reviews (available for Google Play apps only).
The above options interfere with each other. To receive all reviews, keep them unmarked.
- Import History– get the last 100 reviews without replies for the past month. If there are none, we will import up to 100 reviews with replies for the last 30 days. If there are no reviews within the last 30 days, we will import up to 100 reviews regardless of dates.
- Select languages– receive notifications only about reviews in certain languages.
- Select stars– receive notifications about reviews only with specific ratings.
- Click “Add integration”.
You will now receive reviews in your Helpshift account. They will look like this:
We provide the following details for each review:
- App store where reviews came from
- Featured reviews
- Device name (for Google Play only)
- Review country (for IOS apps only) and review language
- Count of review words.
Reply to Reviews
If you want to reply to reviews using Helpshift, set up these integrations:
- For iOS and macOS apps: App Store and Mac App Store Connect Integration With 2FA
- For Android apps: Google Play: Reply to Reviews Integration (Service Account Method)
Reply via API
You can use AppFollow API to receive reviews and reply to them. We have a list of ready-to-use methods.
Edit replies in Helpshift
Most common issues:
- Reply text exceeds the limit. Google Play limits the reply text to 350 symbols. For the App Store, the maximum reply length is 5000 symbols.
- Permissions issue. If you've changed account permissions in App Store/Google Play, try deleting integration with the store and adding it back from scratch.
If the issue persists, please contact our support team.
Please note that Helpshift integration is a paid add-on. Free tier included in every plan allows you to reply to 100 reviews per month.