Use Helpshift Integration to get Android and iOS mobile apps' reviews, Mac, Microsoft and Amazon apps and even XBox games reviews. Reply to customer reviews, especially negative feedback, using AppFollow and Helpshift.
Set up the integration with Helpshift
- Open Integrations on the left menu and click "Add new integration".
- Choose Helpshift and click “Add integration”.
- Type an email from your Helpshift account. To find it go to your Helpshift > Settings.
- On the left menu scroll down to Support Settings > Email Support.
- You will see Email Support Channels. Copy the email that will be right below it and paste into the “Email” text field in AppFollow account.
- Choose which reviews you want to receive: all, featured, only negative or positive ones (mark the number of stars) or import history.
- Click “Add integration”.
The next new review you will get into your Helpshift account. It will look like this:
We provide the following details for each review:
- app store where a review came from
- featured reviews
- full name of a device (for Google Play only)A
- a country or a language and a device language (for those cases when the language of a review doesn’t match the language of a device)
- count of words in a review.
Reply to Reviews
If you want to reply to reviews using Helpshift, set up these integrations first:
After that, every ticket with a review will have a direct link. Click it to send your response.
Reply via API
Alternatively, you can use AppFollow API to receive reviews and reply to them. We have a list of ready-to-use methods for that.
The most common reasons are:
- Reply is longer than 350 characters. This is the limit set by Google Play for Android-reviews. For App Store maximum reply length is 5000 characters;
- Settings issue. For example, you've changed account permissions in App Store Connect. You need to delete the integration with the store and install a new one. Then you'll be able to reply again.
Please, note that this is a paid option. Free tier included in every plan allows you to reply to 100 reviews per month.