Template Variables are available starting from the Professional plan. Contact your account manager or our Support team to get access to this feature.
Add a personal touch to your Reply Templates and Auto-replies with the help of Template Variables. When you add a variable to a template, your response will automatically include the review poster’s username.
Template Variables are applied when you use:
- Specific templates on the Reply to Reviews page
- Auto-replies to reply with a specific or random template
- Bulk Actions to reply with a specific or random template
Use Template Variables together with the Auto-reply Random Templates feature to get the most out of our automation tools while keeping even the most common responses personal and unique.
Add a Variable to a Template
It’s possible to add Template Variables to new or existing templates. For more information on how to create and edit templates, check out our Reply Templates article.
To add a Template Variable:
- In the left-hand navigation menu, open the “Templates List” section.
- To create a new template, click “+ Add New” in the top right corner of the view.
- To edit an existing template, click on the pencil icon next to the name of the Template.
- In the Template Text field, find the location where you want to add the Variable.
- Type “/” to bring up the variables menu and select “Username".
💡 Idea: Add the variable to your greeting: “Hi, /Username/!”
- If needed, finish editing your Template Text.
- Click “Save”.
The average length of a username is 13 characters. If a username is longer than 30 characters, it will automatically be truncated when a Template is used (the last 3 symbols will be replaced with "...") – this helps keep your replies within the store’s maximum character limits.
You can include multiple Variables in the same Template.