Set Up a Smart Alert
Smart Alerts are available for iOS and Google Play apps. You can set up an alert for a regular app, but not for a Competitor App.
- In the left-hand navigation menu, open the Alerts section.
- Click "Add New Alert".
- Choose an app and the Alert Topic.
- Configure the rules and frequency (if applicable). Each Alert Type has a unique set of rules.
☝️Some alerts (New Review Spikes and Total Rating Change) have a customizable Threshold value – when the number of reviews or ratings reaches this value, we'll send you an alert.
- Select the channel where you want to receive the alert.
Email: Enter the email address where you want to receive the notifications.
Slack: Click "Add to Slack" and follow the instructions on the screen to set up a native integration. Check out the Adding a Slack Integration section of this article to learn more.
Telegram: Enter the Telegram chat ID. Learn more later in this article: Finding the Telegram Chat ID
- Choose an Alert name and review your settings.
- Click "Create alert" to save your changes.
Edit a Smart Alert
If you need to make any changes to an Alert, open the Alerts List page and find the Alert you want to edit. The following actions are available:
- If you want to edit an Alert, hover your cursor over the Alert and click on the pencil icon to the right of the Alert title. (1)
- If you want to delete an alert, hover your cursor over the Alert and click on the bin icon to the right of the Alert title. (2)
- If you want to disable an Alert temporarily, toggle the On/Off switch in the far right portion of the row. (3)
Finding the Telegram Chat ID
1. Create a new Telegram chat where you will receive your app's reviews. We recommend creating a separate channel specifically for replying to reviews instead of using an existing channel. This will ensure that an unintended reply is not sent to an end-user.
2. Add @appfollow_reply_bot as a member:
3. Type /start, and you will get the Chat ID:
The Chat ID may start with the symbol '-', which you should also copy. For example, if you have the Chat id: -123456789 you need to copy all of the symbols.
Adding a Slack Integration
- During step 3 of the Alert setup process, click “Add to Slack”.
- You will be redirected to a Slack page where you need to select your Slack workspace.
- Enter your email and password from the workspace and click “Sign in”.
- Choose the Slack channel where you will get the selected notifications.
- Click “Authorize”.