Our integration with Freshdesk allows promoting your mobile app by talking to your users directly from Freshdesk. Reply to reviews, work with negative feedback, and eventually solve customers' issues. Use AppFollow to get every user review and send a response from Freshdesk.
Set up the integration with Freshdesk
- Open the Integrations list page and select an app.
- Select Freshdesk integration and click “+Add integration”.
- Type an email from your Freshdesk account. To find it, go to your Freshdesk → Admin.
- Click Support Channels → Email.
- You will see a sign “Global Support Emails”. Copy the email that will be right below your company name and paste it into the “Email” field in your AppFollow account.
- Choose which reviews you want to receive: all, featured, only negative or positive ones (mark the number of stars), or import history.
- Only featured – receive alerts only about featured reviews.
- Became better – receive alerts only about reviews that were updated to a higher rating (for example, from 3 to 5 stars).
- Became worse – receive alerts only about reviews that were updated to a lower rating (for example, from 5 to 3 stars).
- Import History – receive reviews for the previous month. In case there were no reviews without replies within the past 30 days, we import up to 100 reviews with replies for the last 30 days. If there were no reviews for the app within the last 30 days, we import up to 100 reviews regardless of dates.
- Select languages from the drop-down menu to receive notifications only about reviews in certain languages.
- Select "All languages" to receive reviews in any language.
- Select star ratings to receive notifications about reviews with specific ratings only.
To receive all reviews, keep the checkboxes unmarked.
- Click “Add integration”.
All done. Now you will receive the reviews to Freshdesk.
Reply to Reviews
As soon as you've set up the integration, you will start getting new and updated app reviews.
Reviews contain details on:
- the app store a review came from
- full name of a device (for Google Play only)
- a country or a device language and the detected language of the review
- count words in a review.
Once the integration is set, open a ticket, click "Reply", type your comment, and click "Send". Your reply will be published in the store.
Reply via API
Alternatively, you can use AppFollow API to receive reviews and reply to them. We have a list of ready-to-use methods for that.
Edit replies in Freshdesk
In case we can't publish a reply on App Store and/or Google Play, we will notify you about it in the same thread. The most common reasons are:
- Reply text is longer than 350 characters. This is the limit set by Google Play for Android reviews. For the App Store, the maximum reply length is 5000 characters. If you send a reply that exceeds the character limit, you will receive a notification from AppFollow as a new (separate) Freshdesk ticket:
- Settings issue. For example, the password was changed in App Store Connect (ex-iTunes Connect). Try removing the current integration and installing a new one. After that, you should be able to reply again.
This is a paid option. Free tier included in every plan allows you to reply to 100 reviews per month.