In AppFollow, you'll find a variety of metrics to help you evaluate and optimize your ASO strategy. In this article, you'll learn about the App Reputation Index.
App Reputation Index
The App Reputation Index serves as a health check for your app. You can use this index to learn how well your app is doing in the store overall on a scale from 0% to 100%. The higher the App Reputation Index, the better your app is performing.
A high App Reputation Index means that your app has high ranking positions, its indexing and visibility are on target, the average rating is high, and you're doing a great job responding to user reviews.
When calculating this index, we consider:
- ASO & Search Visibility Performance – your search and keyword optimization efforts.
- Ratings & Reviews Performance.
- Other factors (last update and category chart ranking).
You can find an overview and a breakdown of each category on the App Page in AppFollow.
Use the health meter on the right of the App Page to understand how your app is performing at a glance. This section shows you your app's:
- Current App Reputation Index and how it has changed compared to the previous period
- Average Category Index - the average score of apps from your category
- Search Performance Index - the score to estimate the search visibility
- Reviews Performance Index - the score to estimate the success of working with reviews
If one of these categories has a low score, it will impact the overall App Reputation Index. Scroll down to the performance breakdown to see more information and to learn about specific areas for improvement.
- ASO & Search Visibility Performance
- Characters in Title. If you include more characters in the title, your app will rank for more keywords. It will affect the success of your ASO and, in turn, our Store Performance Index. Learn how to get started to work on keywords optimization from this article.
- Characters in Short Description. The subtitle is another important part of text optimization. Make sure you use as many characters as possible to have your app indexed for more keywords.
- Total Ranked Keywords shows the overall number of keywords an app is ranking for in the stores. The higher the number, the better the Store Performance Index.
- Search Visibility Score reflects the success of your text optimization efforts. The higher the score, the more visible your app is in organic search results.
- The "Compare" button leads to Compare Discovery page which provides the ASO and search visibility with market benchmarks and competitors.
- Ratings & Reviews Performance
- Average Rating as shown in the app stores.
- Average Rating by Reviews indicates the average rating left by app users alongside their review.
- Average Rating by Featured Reviews shows ratings for featured reviews only.
- Featured Reviews Replies. Featured reviews are the first comments your potential users will see on your app page. Remember to prioritize responding to them, as this will affect your brand reputation. Quick replies to featured reviews will encourage users to change their review rating, and, as a result, improve the app's average rating.
- The "Compare" button leads to Compare Feedback page which provides the ratings and reviews performance with market benchmarks and competitors..
- Last Update shows when the app was last updated.
- Category Chart Ranking shows the app's position in its category on the stores. Find out more in our article on Category Rankings.
Red warning signs show the areas you need to work on. Need help with your ASO strategy? Just send a request to our ASO Consulting Team – we're here to help!
To track the dynamics of the App Reputation Index check out the Organic Dashboard page.
Here you can see the dynamic of the index during the selected period comparing with the previous period of the same length. By hovering over the chart, there is an index for the day and the average for period.