This article covers the legacy Slack integration. To set up a new version of the Slack integration, head over to Alerts and Reports: Overview.
Integrations with Slack provide you insights into what's going on with your app or mobile game. Monitor customer feedback, reply to negative and positive reviews and track any app changes to boost your app downloads.
- App Store
- Google Play
- Microsoft Store
- Amazon Appstore
- Mac App Store
Set up a Native Slack Integration
1. Go to the Integrations List page and select Slack, click on "+Add New Integration".
2. Choose which types of notifications you want to get:
- Reviews Updates
- Featured breakdown
- Ranks history
- Keyword history
- Search Ads
- Smart Alerts (machine learning algorithms will check users' moods and notify you if something happened - coming soon).
3. Click “Add to Slack” to start receiving any of the notifications from the previous step.
- You will be redirected to the Slack page, where you need to type your Slack workspace.
- Type the workspace’s name and click “Continue”:
- Enter your email and password from the workspace and click “Sign in”.
4. Choose the Slack channel where you will get the selected notifications.
- Click the "Select channel" drop-down menu.
- Choose an existing channel or create a new one specifically for alerts and notifications.
- Click “Authorize”.
Set up a Webhook Integration
Instead of setting up an integration via the native AppFollow Slack app, you can choose to create an integration with a custom Webhook URL.
To create an Incoming Webhook integration:
- Open the settings of the Slack channel where you want to add the integration.
- Click "More" to open the menu and select "Add apps".
- Select "Incoming Webhook".
- Click "Install".
- Configure the settings in Slack and copy the new Webhook URL.
- Open the Integrations List in AppFollow.
- Click "Add integration" on the Slack card.
- Choose "Enter custom Webhook URL" next to the integration you want to enable and paste the Webhook.
- Done! You have created an Incoming Webhook integration.
Available Notification Types
- App Updates
- Reviews Updates
Alerts about App Changes
- Reviews Summary
- Reviews Updates Summary
- Keyword History
- Ranks History
- Search Ads
- Smart Alerts (coming soon).
You can change your integration's settings:
- Get all reviews or only positive or negative ones
- Only featured
- How often to be notified: real-time, once a day, week, or month
- Frequency of Summary reports: daily, weekly, monthly
Alerts about Getting Featured
You can set up an alert to find out when your app or competitors get featured on the Today, Apps, and Games tabs, or mentioned in the featured collection.
To do so, choose the Featured breakdown option. You will then receive an alert each time your app appeared in a featured tab or collection. All mentions from the Today tab will come the day before it happens.
Here is how your alerts will look like in Slack:
As soon as your app has updates, a Slack alert will let you know.
1. You can get the same notifications twice. It may happen if you have added the same notification type two or more times. Delete unnecessary integrations:
2. You receive daily sales report only the next day. Sometimes it takes more time for Google to collect this data. That’s why there may be a delay with delivering sales report the same day.