The integration between AppFollow and Salesforce allows you to receive App Store and Google Play reviews and respond to them from your Salesforce account.
To get access to app reviews, you need to add your Salesforce email and configure your account. Read on to learn how to set up the integration.
1. Go to your Salesforce account > Setup.
2. Find Email Administration -> Email to Salesforce and check the “Active” option.
3. Go to Setup > Email-to-Case.
4. Click "Edit" to configure the Email-to-Case settings.
5. Enable Email-to-Case and click "Save".
6. After the page reloads, click "New" to create a new routing address.
7. Insert two email addresses: the routing name (will be displayed as the source address), and the email address (where you will receive the reviews).
8. Scroll down to the Task Settings. Check the option to "Create Task from Email" and select "Open" from the dropdown menu.
9. In "Case Settings", choose Case Origin > Email and click "Save".
9. You will be asked to verify your email if you haven’t done so already.
1. Go to your Salesforce account and copy the Email Service Address from the Email-to-Case page.
2. Go to your AppFollow account > Integrations List > Add New integration and choose "Salesforce".
3. Insert the email address from the Email-to-Case section and configure the integration settings:
- Stars – receive only reviews with a certain amount of stars
- Words – filter reviews with more or less than three words
- Auto-translate – translate reviews to the specified language(s)
- Import history – sends all reviews made within 2 last days into the channel
4. Click "Add Integration". It may take an hour or two before your app’s reviews start populating to your Salesforce account.
You will see the reviews in the Chatter section, along with their number of stars, the app name, the text of the review, and a "View Email" button.
Set up Auto-Responses in Salesforce
Use Auto-responses in Salesforce to automatically post replies to review that fall under the auto-response rule. To set up an Auto-response rule, follow these steps:
- Go to Setup -> Cases -> Case Auto-Response Rules.
- Create a new Auto-Response Rule with specific criteria.
Examples of the rule criteria and values for the Auto-Response are:
Email message: From Name equals AppFollow
Email message: Subject contains [name of the app]
Email message: Text body contains [number of starts]
Email message: Text body contains Detect language: English
- Select an email template to use for the listed criteria.
- Save the Auto-Response Rule.
If you don’t see any reviews in your Salesforce account:
- Please make sure you chose to receive emails through Salesforce, not Office 365 (Salesforce setup, step 3).
- Check the Import History option when setting up the integration in AppFollow (AppFollow setup, step 3). You can edit it the option afterwards.
- Make sure you have verified your routing email. Check your inbox for a verification email.
- Sometimes it takes more than an hour to import older reviews. You can test the integration by sending a test. It will take a couple of minutes to see it in your Salesforce account.