AppFollow Charts provide you with a wide range of tooltips and additional information, covering details like app updates and featuring dates. In some cases, you may need to add a note of your own and leave a custom comment on a chart.
If there's any additional information you need to add about a specific date, such as the release of a feature or the start of a marketing campaign, chart annotations allow you to add these details and keep your team informed.
- Annotations are available for charts on the Keyword Tracking, Traffic Channels Analytics, and Category Rankings pages.
- All user roles, except for the "Read-only" role, can add annotations. Users with the "Read-only" role can view annotations created by other team members.
- When you add an annotation, it's added to the chart in the current Workspace. If you have multiple workspaces, the annotation won't be copied over automatically.
Add an Annotation
- Open the chart in AppFollow.
- Hover your cursor over the date where you want to add an annotation.
- You'll see a prompt to "Click to Add Annotation".
- In the pop-up window that appears, confirm the date and add your annotation text.
- Save your changes, and you're all set!
Annotations are limited to 40 characters.
Edit and Delete Annotations
To edit an annotation, hover over the date where the annotation is added and select "Click to Edit Annotation". A pop-up window with the Date and Text fields will appear.
To delete an annotation, open the editing pop-up and click on the trash bin icon in the bottom left corner.