If you use the Zendesk App Integration to reply to reviews through Zendesk tickets, you can set up an additional integration to get in-depth stats about your team's performance and workload.
When you set up the integration, you'll have full access to the Zendesk Agents data on the Agent Performance. Instead of seeing a unified report for all Zendesk agents and replies, you'll be able to drill into performance by agent and see the name and email address of the individual.
Generate an API Token in Zendesk
To set up the integration, you'll need a Zendesk API token. This token allows us to establish a connection with your account and connect agents to their AppFollow replies.
To generate a token:
- Log into your Zendesk account.
- Click on the gear icon in the left-hand navigation panel to open the Admin menu.
- Scroll down to "Channels" and select "API".
- Click "Add API token".
- Add a name, for example, "AppFollow Agent Performance".
- Copy the token.
Important: Make sure to copy the token before clicking "Save". The token is shown only once.
- Click "Save".
- Now you're ready to finish the setup in AppFollow. Head over to the next section of this article.
Set up the Agent Performance Integration in AppFollow
Once you have a Zendesk API key ready, you can set up the integration in AppFollow.
- Log into your AppFollow account.
- From the left-hand navigation panel, open the Integrations list.
- Select the app you need to integrate from the dropdown at the top of the page.
- Search for, or scroll down to, the Zendesk Agent Performance integration.
- Click "Add integration".
- In the email field, make sure to enter the email address you used to log into Zendesk when you created the API token.
- In the subdomain field, add your Zendesk account's subdomain. You'll find your subdomain in the URL when you're logged into Zendesk. For example, if you see "example-subdomain.zendesk.com", your subdomain is "example-subdomain".
- Enter the Zendesk API token and save your changes.
Do Zendesk agents need to have AppFollow accounts for them to appear in Agent Performance?
No, Zendesk agents don't need their own AppFollow accounts. When you set up the integration, we display agent stats regardless of whether the user is a member of your AppFollow account.
Which email address do I need to use when setting up the integration?
You should use the email address you were logged in with when creating the API token in Zendesk.
How is the reply time calculated in AppFollow?
The time it took an agent to reply to a review is calculated based on the time a review was published and when the agent posted a reply to the ticket. The review creation time is not the same as the time the ticket was created.
An agent replied to a review ticket, but they don't show up in the agent stats. Why?
The ticket should have an assignee when the reply is published. If you submit a reply before saving the ticket's assignee, we are unable to connect this data. If the ticket doesn't have an assignee yet, please add an assignee, save the ticket, and then publish the public reply.
How do I edit or delete the integration?
Please reach out to the AppFollow Support Team for assistance with updating the integration. We're adding more self-service options, but in the meantime, we're happy to help!