When you set up the Google Play: Reply to Reviews Integration, you get an Access Error during the step where you enter the code.
1. Check whether you have the Owner access role in Google Play.
Make sure the OAuth Client ID is created from the owner's Google Developer account. While it's possible to get the Client ID and Secret without owner access, it won't have the required permissions to set up an integration for the app.
If you log in with a user role that is not the account owner to create the New OAuth client, you will see the alert 'You do not have sufficient permissions to view this app' on the Google Cloud Platform Console page:
If the credentials are not created from the owner's account, you will see the error "Access error: Please check that provided account has access to apps" in AppFollow:
2. Check whether you have selected the correct project in the API Access section.
If you receive this error even when you create the OAuth Client ID from the Google Account Owner's account, please check whether you have multiple API projects in Google. Make sure to select the correct project from the dropdown menu at the top of the page before creating the client:
3. Check whether the Google Play Android Developer project is available in the API Access section.
If it is not available, follow these steps to add it:
- Go to Google Cloud Console and select your project.
- In the left-hand navigation panel, select "APIs & Services" -> "Library".
- Scroll down to the "Mobile" section and select "Google Play Android Developer API".
- Click "Enable" to enable the project in the Google Play Console.
- Go to the API Access section by navigating to Google Play Console -> Settings -> Developer Account.
- You'll see the project listed here. Click on the "Link" button to connect the project to the Google Play Console. Now you can use this project in the API Access section.