Set Up a Smart Alert
- In the left-hand navigation menu, open the Smart Alerts section and select Alert Templates.
☝️You can choose to set up an alert from scratch from the Alerts List page or use a template on the Alert Templates page.
- Choose an app and the Alert Topic.
- Configure the rules and frequency (if applicable). Each Alert Type has a unique set of rules.
☝️Some alerts (New Review Spikes and Total Rating Change) have a customizable Threshold value – when the number of reviews or ratings reaches this value, we'll send you an alert.
- Select the channel where you want to receive the alert.
Email: Enter the email address where you want to receive the notifications.
Slack: Click "Add to Slack" and follow the instructions on the screen to set up a native integration. Check out the FAQ section of this article to learn more. Alternatively, create an Incoming Webhook in Slack and choose the option to enter the webhook URL.
Telegram: Enter the Telegram chat ID. Learn more about finding the chat ID in the FAQ section of this article.
- Choose an Alert name and review your settings.
- Click "Create alert" to save your changes.
Edit a Smart Alert
If you need to make any changes to an Alert, open the Alerts List page and find the Alert you want to edit. The following actions are available:
- If you want to edit an Alert, hover your cursor over the Alert and click on the pencil icon to the right of the Alert title. (1)
- If you want to delete an alert, hover your cursor over the Alert and click on the bin icon to the right of the Alert title. (2)
- If you want to disable an Alert temporarily, toggle the On/Off switch in the far right portion of the row. (3)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If I already have a Slack integration, do I need to re-configure it to receive Alerts?
Yes, you’ll need to create a new Slack channel integration.
Q: Will my existing AppFollow alerts still be supported?
Legacy Slack, Telegram, and email alerts will not be supported after July 1, 2021. All notifications and reports will be available only through the Smart Alerts feature. We recommend setting up Smart Alerts in advance to make sure you continue receiving the required notifications.
Q: Where do I find the Telegram Chat ID?
1. Create a Telegram Group.
2. Add @appfollow_reply_bot as a member:
3. Type /start, and you will get the Chat ID:
Q: How do I set up a Slack integration?
- During step 3 of the Alert setup process, click “Add to Slack”.
- You will be redirected to a Slack page where you need to select your Slack workspace.
- Enter your email and password from the workspace and click “Sign in”.
- Choose the Slack channel where you will get the selected notifications.
- Click “Authorize”.