Downloads & Revenue is an all-in-one tool for monitoring key sales and usage metrics for your apps. It is essential for product managers, marketers, and app owners who want to track how successful their apps perform in stores. Getting all the data in one unified dashboard helps measure app performance and adapt your business strategy.
Enable the Downloads & Revenue Report
1. To start, add your apps to your Workspace.
Downloads & Revenue data are available only for apps where you have an active App Store Connect or Google Play Sales Report integration.
The data from App Store and Google Play is updated every day at 14:30 GMT. App Store gives us the data for the previous day, and Google Play provides data from 3-4 days before the current date.
You can choose one indicator at a time to show on the graph. By default, you will see New Downloads, but we also track a dozen key sales and usage metrics. They are all shown in the Summary table: you can select columns in the table with metrics you need to check.
Difference between app installs and app units in App Store
So, app units are unique installations, app installs are the total number of installs even if your app is downloaded using the same Apple's account several times.
A view determines the way your data is displayed within a table and a graph. Quickly switch between three content views by clicking the view buttons. Different views are suited to various tasks and needs:
- View by Apps if you want to see a breakdown by one or all of your apps;
- View by Countries if you are more interested in the app/apps performance breakdown by certain countries;
- View by Versions if you want to see the performance for each of your app’s versions. Note: this view is in beta and is only available for Google Play apps.
The graph and the Summary table show your app data during a specific time period. By default, you’ll see the data for the last 30 days, but you can change it and choose the period from 1 day to several months. The maximum period is limited by the data available in the Store.
Note: we have a data processing delay for 2 days for App Store apps and 3 days for Google Play apps due to the schedule of app store report publication.
You can analyze your app performance worldwide or concentrate on any particular country that is available for your account. If you need data from several particular countries at the same time, switch to View by Countries.
Manage the view for your graphs by showing daily, weekly or monthly values for the date range.
Visualize data in a way you need it — starting from Line charts to catch trends and using Stacked or Pie options to see proportionate or summarized data.
- Unified data from App Store Connect and Google Play Console with smooth navigation between countries and time periods;
- Watch for changes and fluctuations in downloads and revenue to understand the impact of ASO and product changes;
- Your ASO team performance is easier to measure.
- Flexible reports delivered through email reports.
- Shared workspace and data for your team members — invite them to join AppFollow!